Saturday, June 10, 2017

I See Fire in the Tavern

Every two weeks this Summer we are hosting a small dance event at Teehera's Guilded Cage tavern.  The goal is to have more fun and less stress by using short events.  It combines talents of Teehra, Gorean Dance Oasis, and our new "Mirage Dancers" troupe.

We started with Hoshi performing her 'Fire Dance'.  This was anything but impromptu.  She works hard on every word of each performance.  We were well rewarded with her work.  Though she does not use classical book form, I enjoy her work.  If the both the free and performers are pleased than it seems a worthy venture, as long as we also honor our classical dance faction roots on occasion as well.

For editing and DMCA purposes I replace the music with something I have either (badly) composed, or (expensively) bought. Hoshi performed this dance live to the music of Ed Sheeran "I see Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fngvQS_PmQ. Here is a direct link to Hoshi's video: https://player.vimeo.com/video/221084917.

The format for our Tavern night included this prepared dance by Hoshi, then impromptu dances in the Korner format - 4 dancers, (optionally some musicians), and a master directing them.  We will share pictures and posts from that later, but for now, let's enjoy Hoshi's opening performance.

1 comment:

  1. What a sensual moving - lifting and fiery dance. Just a wonder to watch.

    ReplyDelete